The Founders of the Nation Centre Division
- To ensure that Founders of the Nation (Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere and Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume) are honored.
- To supervise on acquiring and preservation of Founders of the Nation documents of archival nature (Books, manuscripts, journals, articles, papers, pamphlets, pictures, photographs, films audiovisual and other electronic or mechanical recordings);
- To monitor and ensure documentary materials and objects are well-documented and made known to the general public;
- To encourage, promote and facilitate the conduct of research and publications about Founders of the Nation;
- To establish and implement procedures for the timely disposal of documentary materials and objects which do not have enduring value and
- To manage a Founders of the Nation library and museum.
- The Division will be led by a Director and will comprise two sections as follows:-
Founders of the Nation Museum Section; and
Founders of the Nation Document Management Section.