The National Archives has a rich and ever growing collection of Dodoma and Dar es Salaam libraries. This has some of the oldest and rare publications on a variety of subjects, besides contemporary published material. The holdings of the Library consist of the material mentioned below:
- 178 Historical and Important Books: There is a collection of various books and publications on Tanzania and on individuals.Important Books includes the books and papers written by the founder of nation especial Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere and his speeches.
- 210 Planning and Development, Maps and Plan: A collection of maps and plans from the German and British Colonial period to post independence.
- 125 Gazettes and Newspapers: Official Gazettes, 1919 to date and other Copies of newspapers.
- 789 Reports: Our library also has a collection on the Statistics reports and Research reports.
- 643 Tanzania Parliamentary Papers with CD Rom and Hansard from 1933, 1997 to 2015.
- 865 Law Books, Policies, Guidelines Records.
- 41 Journals and Periodicals.
- Publications in Foreign Languages.
- 8 Standing Order
- 6 Records Management Books
- 69 Staff List and Circulars
- 600 Speeches and Dissertation
- 17 International Relation
- 127 Public Expenditures
- 7 Reference Books