Records Management Division
- To ensure that records management systems, standards and procedures are adhered by the public offices.
- To provide professional assistance, advice and guidance on the establishment and management of records systems;
- To draw up general retention and disposal schedules;
- To agree with the heads of public offices on retention and disposal schedules relating to their specific records;
- To supervise the implementation of retention and disposal schedules in public offices;
- To provide professional assistance and adviceon the review retention and disposal schedules periodically;
- To ensure establishment of efficient and effective compliance with standards for the management of public records;
- To supervise the implementation of retention and disposal schedules for electronic records in public offices;
- To provide seminars and workshops to records staff and users in the public services; and
- To monitor and evaluate implementation of electronic records in MDAs and LGAs.
- To provide professional assistance, advice and guidance on the management of semi current records in the public service;
- To supervise the management of semi-current records at the National andtransferring of semi current records from public offices to the National and Zonal Records Centres;
- To coordinate the assessment and evaluation of records in the public offices;
- To develop and monitor implementation of records systems for managing semi current records;
- Supervise inspection on the suitability of premises to be used for storing semi current records in the public offices.
This Division will be led by a Director and will comprise two Sections as follows:-
- Registry Management Section; and
- Electronic Records Management Section.